Position Title: Vice President of Sales
Client Company: Kelly Moore Paints (www.KellyMoore.com)
Job Scope: The Vice President of Sales is ultimately responsible for the revenue results and budget of all company field sales management and sales representatives. This position requires a bi-lingual, seasoned sales leader who can identify, develop, lead and retain a strong sales organization filled with “A Players” who can help achieve the company’s long term sales growth and profit goals. S/he will lead the company’s strategies to sell its products profitably in various segments including architectural, builder, property management, commercial and industrial by developing sales metrics and enforcing accountability.
Candidate Placement: ROI placed a +20 year senior sales executive from our client’s major competitor in the paint products industry.
- Assess the sales organization and set the stage to develop and retain an A-Player Team.
- Ensure that sales managers are held accountable for recruitment, selection, training, retention, and termination of sales staff.
- Comprehensively review and assess the current sales compensation and incentive plan and recommend cost-effective improvements to motivate and reward top performers.
- Manage the process of goal–setting for the sales team.
- Develop, monitor and adjust sales forecasts, holding the sales management and sales representative accountable for results.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Works in and/or has a deep understanding of paint, consumer products or industrial products sectors. Sales experience in a related, vertically integrated industry is acceptable.
- English fluency with comprehensive bilingual (Spanish) skills preferred.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer relationship management skills in a consumer product or services sector, preferably with a Middle Market company at the +$200 million level in annual sales.
- Writes and speaks clearly, persuasively, concisely and informatively in all situations.
- Works collaboratively and inclusively with others and contributes to building a positive, productive team spirit with the Executive Team and throughout the organization.