Position Title: Vice President of Marketing
Client Company: Essex Property Trust (www.Essex.com)
Job Scope: The Vice President of Marketing will be primarily responsible for leading and developing a team of 8 to 10 marketing specialists. Through this team, s/he will develop, and then implement, a cohesive Marketing Plan for property advertising, corporate communications, eCommerce initiatives and customer lead generation while working closely with the Property Operations Department that serves as the lease sales organization. Essex is seeking a talented candidate who has direct experience in decentralized, multi-unit marketing with Internet advertising (SEO, SEM, website development), social media marketing, and print and collateral development with advertising expertise.
Candidate Placement: ROI placed a +10 year digital and traditional marketing executive with experience in the retail, hospitality and marketing agency industries.
- Lead and develop a team of eight to ten marketing specialists.
- Annually generate +300,000 qualified leads to successfully lease 20,000 apartments and successfully renew 15,000 existing customers.
- Develop a Marketing Plan that builds alignment among multiple stakeholders regarding strategic direction, initiative priority, and overall marketing objectives for the business.
- Develop and implement a digital marketing strategy including SEM, SEO, Link Building, website(s), etc. with a presence on all major and appropriate social media platforms.
- Define and analyze metrics, methodologies, and appropriate dashboards to communicate effectively with Operations and Senior Management.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Multi-unit, decentralized retail marketing experience at a Director or VP level is required
- Some residential property management marketing expertise is preferred.
- Marketing experience in the hospitality, hotels, resorts, casinos, retail, car rental and/or other high traffic, customer service oriented business models is valuable.
- Extensive knowledge with the digital media space in a multi-unit business, including relevant social network marketing, is mandatory.
- Effective project and time management skills with a focus on excellence in execution.