Position Title: Senior Programmer
Client Company: Capital Insurance Group (www.CIGInsurance.com)
Job Scope: Under the direction of the ITS Project Manager/Leader, the Sr. Programmer designs software systems that result in successful, flexible and maintainable products. By collaborating with all functions including systems, networks, and business disciplines, s/he drives the specification, design and implementation of software design to create a solution that exceeds our customer’s expectations. The Sr. Programmer decisions are driven by a clear focus on the long-term application strategy and associated requirements. S/he has the ability to identify, analyze, and decide on relevant issues decisively in a timely manner even without complete information.
Candidate Placement: ROI placed a Senior Programmer with +10 years of programming and enterprise architecture experience in a variety of industries.
- Organize design inputs into multiple pragmatic concepts and components.
- Fully understands the practicality and tradeoffs between a “perfect design” and customer and business needs.
- Defines software design principles.
- Organizes, chairs and conducts software design team meetings in order to gather design needs and issues.
- Highly motivated individual with deep technology understanding, capable of learning and digesting new technologies rapidly.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- BS or Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, EE or equivalent.
- Experience developing a minimum of one large-scale production quality software systems and/or projects.
- 10+ years of experience developing high-performance web applications based on the Microsoft technology stack, with at least three years at the Sr. Developer level.
- At least 5 years design experience with a proven track record designing complex solutions using .NET (up to 3.5), ASP.NET, MSSQL, Oracle, and SOA (.NET Web Services).
- Working experience in designing/developing SOA (.NET Web Services).