Position Title: CAD Manager
Client Company: ID/Architecture (www.IDArchitecture.com)
Job Scope: The CAD Manager is responsible for managing the operational and organizational processes of all production documents. The primary goal of the position is to increase effectiveness and efficiency while maintaining consistency of drawings both in project use and in the archives. The CAD Manager develops and implements the AutoCAD software to drafting standards, templates, architectural details, symbols, prototypes files and support files. She/he ensures that the office drawing standards are followed and tests new software releases.
Candidate Placement: ROI placed an experienced, +20 year CAD Manager, who came directly from the Interior Design and Architecture industry.
- Develops and improves the office drawing standards.
- Trains CAD staff and consultants in office and drawing standards and ensures their professional development.
- Reviews the staffs and consultants work to ensure that design standards are followed.
- Proactively completes projects on time, within budget, accurately and within other scope parameters.
- Develops and maintains the drawing templates, detail library and manages all archive files.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Proficient in AutoCAD and keeps up to date on all latest software developments.
- Expertise in building code knowledge, construction methodology and all building materials.
- Knowledgeable in preparing accurate and thorough drawings.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ownership in all assignments.
- Ability to conduct a complete and thorough site survey including site, restrooms, buildings, retail spaces, medical suites, clinics, hospitals, industrial buildings, roofs, enclosures, etc.