Position Title: Plant Manager
Client Company: Kelly-Moore Paints (www.KellyMoore.com)
Job Scope: The Plant Manager is primarily responsible for manufacturing quality products, maintaining an adequate staff of trained and qualified personnel and maintaining a safe, clean and friendly working environment. S/he is also responsible for overall facility efficiency and productivity optimization and for maintaining, replacing and improving process equipment. This responsibility includes overall direction given to a maintenance department charged with the responsibility to conduct preventative maintenance, repair existing equipment and fixtures, and installation of new equipment.
Candidate Placement: ROI placed a +15 year plant-manufacturing manager in this role with deep chemical and consumer product experience, after we were hired by our VP of Manufacturing placement within six months of his joining the company.
- Overall P&L responsibility for the operations of the Hurst, Texas manufacturing facility and consistently meeting or exceeding business objectives and Annual Operating Plan targets.
- Managing the day-to-day activities including production, warehouse, shipping and maintenance.
- Determining the proper number of employees, replacing employees as needed and ensuring that all employees are trained to do their jobs.
- Providing a clean, safe and friendly environment for all employees, free of harassment and intimidation.
- Providing security and protection against loss of property and damage for the company.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Ten years of work experience as a Plant Manager in a chemical or CPG manufacturing role.
- Excellence is a passion.
- Ability to lead, coach and train immediate reports.
- Ability to communicate knowledge and ideas effectively in writing and verbally.
- Labor relations experience in a Union environment is required.