Position Title: Plant Engineer
Client Company: Kelly-Moore Paints (www.KellyMoore.com)
Job Scope: The Plant Engineer is responsible for project management of all engineering projects, maintenance of all facilities and equipment and managing the preventative maintenance program. S/he must have the ability to provide the necessary leadership to transform the maintenance organization into a world-class group while involved in the day-to-day assignment of tasks according to priorities as dictated by the needs of the business. The ideal candidate will have experience managing in a Lean environment. Experience managing in a union shop with high-speed consumer packaging experience is highly desirable.
Candidate Placement: ROI placed an Engineering and Operations executive with +15 years experience in a number of core manufacturing industries, after we were hired by our Plant Manager placement within 12 months of his joining the company.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the maintenance and support of the paint manufacturing operation and building facilities including responsibility for hiring and disciplinary action.
- Establishes standards and policies for preventative maintenance activities.
- Establishes, schedules, and tracks job priorities and completion of departmental tasks.
- Manages outside technical services, support, and relationships for all equipment.
- Manages the departmental budget including spare parts inventory and departmental expenses.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to understand maintenance operations within a high-speed packaging environment.
- Skilled in programming and troubleshooting with AB PLC’s.
- Demonstrated experience in managing capital improvement projects from scope definition, justification, equipment selection and construction.
- Skilled in process control technology, automated flow and metering systems.
- Well-developed ability to use computer and software applications, ERP systems, and Microsoft Office products.