Position Title: Controller
Client Company: Capital Insurance Group (www.CIGInsurance.com)
Job Scope: This is a full-time, middle management position at the company requiring expertise in administrative, supervisory and accounting functions. The ideal candidate will be an experienced financial professional with strong accounting skills including GAAP, statutory and tax accounting, preferably in the insurance industry either as an employee or through an insurance industry service provider. The primary duties for this position involve the daily oversight of corporate accounting, premium accounting, collections, corporate publication, and the administrative services functions in the corporate headquarters. Responsibilities include financial planning, budgeting, analysis, control, financial statements, and financial reporting.
Candidate Placement: ROI placed a +15 year Controller, who had +5 years in the insurance industry, following a successful public accounting career.
- Performs financial accounting, analysis, and reporting internal and external use to provide executive management accurate and timely financial performance information.
- Supervises, directs, and reviews the work of the accounting staff.
- Rigorously manage cash, accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable.
- Verifies the accuracy of reports produced by subordinates. Internal reporting includes financial statements, budget reports, productivity reports, cash flows or other special reports.
- Duties may include the calculation of off-system adjustments such as IBNR and special reinsurance.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Monitoring and providing direction to subordinates with regard to project assignments.
- Carrying out highly complex analysis projects.
- Advanced knowledge of statutory and GAAP accounting procedures including internal control, tax laws, and insurance regulations.
- Computerized accounting systems.
- Effective supervisory practices and principles.