Position Title: Controller
Client Company: Kelly-Moore Paints (www.KellyMoore.com)
Job Scope: This is a full-time, middle management position requiring considerable expertise in various accounting functions and supervision. The ideal candidate will be an experienced financial professional with strong accounting skills including GAAP, statutory accounting and tax accounting, preferably in manufacturing, distribution and/or the retail industry. Prior experience as a Controller (preferably for five to seven years) is required with a foundational public tax or accounting background preferred. The ideal candidate must have an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or a logically related discipline from an accredited, four-year institution.
Candidate Placement: ROI placed a +20 year manufacturing Controller and CPA in this role after we were hired by our Chief Financial Officer placement, within six months of his joining the company.
- Be the sentinel of the general ledger.
- Bridge the accounting, manufacturing, and sales disciplines to provide standardized cost information that agrees with the general ledger.
- Ensure that all financial accounting, analysis, and reporting are accurate and timely.
- Manage a subordinate staff of four supervisors.
- Supervise, direct and review the work of the accounting staff on cash reconciliations, account statements, check runs, A/P transactions, fixed assets, general ledger, debt, and the recording of revenue and expenses.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- BA in Finance or Accounting.
- Five to seven years of experience as a Controller.
- CPA is required. CPG, distribution and/or retail industry background.
- Oracle ERP experience is mandatory.
- Excellent analytical skills.