Position Title: Chief Information Officer
Client Company: Capital Insurance Group (www.CIGInsurance.com)
Job Scope: The ideal candidate must have previous technology experience preferably in the insurance industry. He or she should have strong strategic thinking and planning skills and have experience making recommendations, as well as explaining technology solutions, to senior management and other stakeholders through presentations and advocacy. Experience managing the implementation of data systems and monitoring their effectiveness in meeting business unit needs is required. Ideally, s/he will have been involved in a comprehensive integration solution involving both people and multiple software systems.
Candidate Placement: ROI placed a +15 year Engineering and IT industry executive with +10 years experience in the insurance industry.
- Successful integration of both the management and systems software of two current information technology (IT) departments into one, fully functioning operational IT Team.
- Development, approval and execution of an IT Strategic Business Plan that lays out the plans for the future of the group, defines what “success” looks like and establishes the key IT “touch points” with all areas of the company.
- Establish the Vision for the IT Team based on the approved IT Strategic Plan and “live” that every day by becoming a value added partner to all stakeholders.
- Transform the current IT Team from a reactive, tactical organization into a proactive, strategic department.
- Leadership of staff and defining the “right size” IT organization, right placement of managers in key positions and the identification and filling of any talent support “gaps” that may exist.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- A minimum of ten years of experience managing the planning, delivery and administration of a comprehensive Information Technology Plan, infrastructure, systems and services.
- IT leadership experience in an insurance or financial services company requiring 24/7 service availability is preferred.
- Experience overseeing a Disaster Recovery Plan, which is regularly tested, is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide direct leadership using appropriate management skills including project management, budget administration, decision-making, and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with groups and/or individuals openly and honestly in verbal, written and electronic form.