Position Title: Human Resources Generalist
Client Company: Kelly-Moore Paints (www.KellyMoore.com)
Job Scope: The HR Generalist has to be trustworthy and knowledgeable, radiate respect for others, and really love Human Resources. We prefer someone who has lived with the results of his or her work – we are not interested in someone who has cycled through a bunch of technology companies with one year here and one year there. Someone who wants to work for a smaller company is probably best. Prior manufacturing experience is useful, but retail experience and/or experience supporting a sales organization is better. Bilingual English/Spanish would be a definite plus and the ability to work with managers who are very direct communicators is preferred.
Candidate Placement: ROI’s candidate was a +10 year Human Resources Generalist that came from the retail industry – the first placement in that function with a retail background for this vertically integrated consumer product manufacturer and distributor.
- Support the implementation of HR initiatives in the field, including compliance with federal, state and company regulations.
- Partner with managers to ensure consistency of approach, message, and execution of HR practices across the company.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships and increase productivity and retention.
- Advise managers on employee relations issues, providing recommendations and following up until resolution.
- Contribute to the development of talent acquisition strategies.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Ability to understand business needs and HR implications of decisions.
- Ability to provide actionable feedback to the rest of the HR team.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Well-developed critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.