Position Title: Chief Executive Officer
Client Company: Capital Insurance Group (www.CIGInsurance.com)
Job Scope: The ideal candidate will develop a solid working relationship with the CIG Board of Directors, engaging them early and often on key areas that impact the company’s short and long term performance. S/he will also strategically develop and manage the CIG operating model with the goal of mitigating risk and optimizing value of the CIG franchise. The ideal candidate will perform to historic operating standards to ensure the achievement of a Combined Ratio in the 95% to 99% range.
Candidate Placement: While the search was conducted evaluating a number of qualified internal and external qualified candidates, a previous ROI placement was deemed to be the most qualified candidate and was promoted to this position.
- Defines and establishes, subject to the Board’s approval, the corporation’s business strategy, marketing goals, and financial objectives.
- Ensures that the business operations are aligned with the Company’s Five Year Strategic Plan, which is updated annually, and business objectives.
- Works in collaboration with the Executive Management Team, and business partners to establish business metrics that measure the corporation’s performance.
- Responsible for the achievement of the corporation’s short and long-term financial goals for profitability and return on investment.
- Represents the most senior level of authority, decision-making, and approval for the establishment of corporate policies, business ethics, and regulatory compliance.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies: Be a strategic thinker, with a strong analytical background to take the company in new directions, if decided by the Board of Directors. Able to conceptualize organizational and business development needs. Must be able to articulate business requirements and translate needs to actions. Must be able to set realistic and challenging goals, measure results and provide leadership to meet critical deadlines. Experience in the management of multiple and simultaneous projects; experience leading large organizations with integrated cross-functional teams; excellent planning and organizational skills. Must be able to develop, mentor and foster the technical subordinate managers.