PMC Advisors is driven by the vision and leadership of Peter Cazzolla. Upon retiring, after 21 years as Chairman, President, and CEO of Capital Insurance Group and 42 years in various leadership positions in the insurance industry, Peter has decided to share his knowledge and experience with company boards and C-Suite executives. He is passionate about entrepreneurialism and helping businesses achieve their potential.
Upon graduation from the University of Miami, Peter began his career as an officer in the United States Air Force. He decided to venture into the public sector after the completion of his military service applying his Air Force leadership and management experience and training to his new private company opportunities.
The property and casualty insurance industry best provided the opportunities Peter was seeking. His accelerated progression into more responsible leadership roles included operational research, finance, strategic planning, marketing, general administration, and management. Peter spent the first thirteen years of his insurance career in functional leadership positions, in manager to Senior Vice President roles, and the remaining twenty-nine years as President and CEO, including his last Twenty one years with CIG.
As President and CEO, Peter’s experiences and knowledge were heavily concentrated in leadership, company operations, strategic planning, marketing, capital deployment, finance, and corporate governance.
Peter is an innovator of business products that cater to customer needs and a collaborative facilitator. During Peter’s career and under his leadership, he has inspired himself and his teams to achieve the following key accomplishments:
- Twenty-one years of consistent growth and profit increasing CIG’s premium written more than four times and increasing the company equity over fivefold.
- Establishment of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Increased Product and market share in existing and new states.
- Deployment of state-of-the-art technology to enhance efficiency and customer service.
- Founded a number of companies and associations including, Nevada Capital Insurance Company, Capital Risk Management Insurance Company, a captive, Risk Share Insurance Product, Pacific Association of Domestic Insurance Companies, and Leadership Saddleback.
- Actively participated in regulatory and legislative lobbying on state and National levels promoting fair and balanced regulations and legislation. Authored and passed a bill to better govern the California excess and surplus lines market for domestic insurance companies.
- Serves and has served on a number of company, non-profit, and association boards and board committees including Capital Insurance Group, Captive Insurance Companies, Nevada Insurance Guaranty Fund, Pacific Association of Domestic Insurance Companies, Chamber of Commerce, and the Northern California Golf Association.
With Peter’s career worth of knowledge and experience coupled with outstanding management and leadership skills, Peter and PMC Advisors are well suited to advise company boards and C -Suite executives in their pursuit of improved performance.
Peter resides in Las Vegas, Nevada with his wife Kathie and has two daughters and three grandchildren.