Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Client Company: Kelly-Moore Paints (www.KellyMoore.com)
Job Scope: The final CFO candidate will provide strategic direction for the company on financial matters and be a full partner on the Executive Team generating trust and working with a spirit of collaboration and inclusion with his or her colleagues. S/he will be a hands-on leader with exceptional analytical skills who is very comfortable with technology and who can effectively explain financial matters to all stakeholders. The ideal candidate also will have a sense of urgency with regards to getting the job done and will help the F&A team prioritize its work in a way that takes stakeholder needs into account.
Candidate Placement: ROI placed a +20 year financial management executive who had successfully built two Middle Market consumer products companies as CFO following a success public accounting career.
- Assessing the F&A team with fresh eyes and making sure that the right people are in the right jobs.
- Ensuring that the right processes, budgets, reporting, compliance and all other operating procedures are in place, running smoothly and without error.
- Ensuring that accounting procedures and processes comply with all relevant rules and regulations.
- Partnering with the CEO and the Board with real estate matters, ESOP issues, Board of Director relationships and other appropriate matters for this privately held company.
- Becoming a collaborative member of the Executive Team and always looking for ways to serve and support the broader organization.
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies: The final candidate will have a track record of increasing responsibility in finance and accounting with preferably privately held, middle market companies in the $300m to $500m annual revenue range. S/he will have at least ten years’ experience in a CFO role, ideally in a retail, manufacturing, and/or distribution enterprise. S/he will have successfully managed major organizational change, including the implementation of new business processes, technology, and applications. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to manage a team to the highest possible levels of performance.